Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Last Time

11 hours to go.

I have had an awesome week off, but I am ready to get back to the slope. I have been extremely active, but also, for 2 days straight I slept until noon. Most of Wednesday I spent picking up the apartment, washing dirty clothes, and packing. In the evening I met up with fellow intern Kirsten who was just getting in from the slope. I went out to dinner with her, her mentor and her mentor's husband, and another well services engineer. We ate at the Peanut Farm, which has really good food, and some really intoxicated people who laugh loudly in public. Lets just say I will hopefully never laugh like that lady at the table next to us. Shrieking laughter is amusing though, I cannot lie. At dinner Kirsten and I decided that we wanted to see the movie Wanted, and the other people enthusiastically decided to join us, so off we went. It was actually pretty good. Lot of blood though. And swearing. And violence. Hmm...in retrospect...maybe it's good movie qualities are questionable.

Now my clothes are clean, the apartment is relatively clean, and my suitcase is halfway packed. Now all I have to do is go to bed, and then wake up at 8 am and frantically pack and clean so I get to the airport to catch my flight. A time tested method that works wonders!! Oh, and incase you were wondering, It has been raining all day here. Weird. The most rain I've seen since leaving Kansas. It's probably one of the things I've missed the most. We have the most glorious storms at home! Thunder, lightening, torrential rain, flooding, etc. They have a soft rain that picks up occasionally and is kind of steady in general. I've only seen lightening once, and that was on the north slope. Apparently I had a real treat because thunder and lightening storms are rare in Alaska, and even rarer on the north slope, which is classified as an arctic desert.

This next hitch will be full of doing stuff. I am having an interview with my FSM (field service manager), finishing my project, writing a 3 to 5 page paper about my internship experience, going out on jobs, and hopefully helping one of the engineers with an environmental project. And going out to rigs, as it would be my job if I actually worked for this company. We'll see! Iam looking forward to it so much!!!! I am not sorry to say this, but I really do not miss Kansas or college.

Have a great Thursday people who I love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what do you mean, "the last time". Is your internship almoost over? We have really enjoyed reading your posts and getting back in touch with you. Maybe you can do a college post. HaHa. I know you will be very busy but we will miss you. What a marvelous experience. Would you want to work there when you graduate? Love, G'ma D

Becca said...

Yes, I would work there when I graduate if they want me.