Friday, February 12, 2010

Malaysia, anyone?

I love how life is not constant!!

I just found out about a week ago that I am now going to be placed in Labuan, Malaysia instead of Perth, Australia. If you have no clue where it is, it's ok because I did not either. Here is the Google link to a map of the small island I will leave from on my way to offshore oil rigs.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl

My new start date has been moved from June 21st to May 23! This means that I now need to start thinking about packing and preparedness waaayyy earlier. If I start May 23rd then I will probably need to leave the United States on the 20th or 21st to get to Abu Dhabi on time. Abu Dhabi is where my OFS-1 (kind of like a company orientation class) is going to take place. It is approximately a 26 hour plane flight to get there. All this really means to me is that I need to stock up on my supply of ear plugs before I go. :) I have no idea how I survived 5 years of plane flights with my sanity before I discovered the marvelousness of earplugs and their effects at reducing baby-noises.

The only sad part to this story so far is that I now have to leave approximately 8 days before my best friend's wedding that I was originally suppose to be a brides maid in. These things happen, though, and I was prepared for the possibility when I agreed to go international/mobile.

Bring on the ADVENTURE!! Tigers and sharks and monkeys...WOOT!

No comments: