Wednesday, June 4, 2008

To the Slope!

It is only about 30 minutes now before I leave the apartment for to pick up my coveralls and BP badge. I should have had them both, however the coveralls were delayed to begin with, so they just arrived in Anchorage this morning, and 3 of the intern's (including me) paperwork wasn't sent over to BP until too late yesterday afternoon. They are the only two things left that I need to go up to the Slope. I got my NSTC (North Slope Training Co-operative) badge yesterday after watching powerpoint slides for 8 hours. Again. I think that I have had the same safety information drilled into me abou 4 or 5 times now, so if I do screw up and do something stupid, like petting a polar bear, it will be entirely my fault. Seriously...what idiot would actually try to pet a polar or grizzly bear?! Do they not think it could hurt/kill them? Anyway, I am all packed, awake, and ready to really begin what I came up here to do. I will talk to you guys later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO Becca-Enjoy the trip-baby bear cubs can be so cute but usually accompanied by MAMA. Mary

Anonymous said...

Yeah Becca!

Love you,

G'ma J

Anonymous said...

Seen any killer whales yet? hehe, you know that feeling like someone's watching you... it's a Killer Whale! Be careful and no ice fishing for awhile.