Friday, January 8, 2010

Starting off 2010 with Counting

I decided (with the encouragement of a very nice G'ma) to begin typing a little bit each day again. In preparation for my future job, I have decided to type a bit as often as I remember in order to get in the habit of it before my life truly becomes crazy again.

Goal 1 : To actually remember to type.
Goal 2 : Avoid inane rambling as much as possible.

To quote Inigo Montoya, "I will explain. No. That will take too long. I will sum up." :)

My life has become, it seems, a series of numbers:

5 months since my internship ended and my most adorable younger brother got married.
4 months since I recieved my initial offer from Schlumberger (International/Mobile!!! Drilling and Measurements!!)
3 months since I pulled both groin muscles, alternately, while training/running a half marathon.
2 months since I was told, "We'll call you when we find out what country you'll be in"
1 day since I found out I cannot take Kung Fu this semester due to a class I am taking, and that my right groin muscle is still messed up.
2 weeks until I can (HOPEFULLY!) run again.
3 Months until the Brew-to-Brew
4 Months until I turn 23.
5 months until I graduate, my best friend gets married, and I pack for a world much bigger than the one I am used to.
6 months : Working for SLB! Somewhere...

It seems as if I spend my time counting back from or towards a goal, date, adventure, or dream. It's not a bad life, actually. I don't even have any difficult classes for my last semester (well, compared to Mechanics of Materials and Dynamics, that is). I am most looking forward to Fantasy and Fable. I get to read Tolkien for it. Never has a class assignment been more anticipated!

6 days until my first day of the last semester of my college career. I am excited about all the "lasts" that I will have. However, to be honest, I already feel just a bit nostalgic for the ongoing experiences my grad school friends will have. But only a very very small amount of nostalgia...I love the fact that there are so many more "firsts" that I will get to experience!!

8 hours until I have to be awake again. Probably time to go to sleep. I get grouchy when I am tired. :)

The Enthusiastic Engineer

No comments: