Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Blocking Mechanism of a Rig

So, I promise I like to communicate. As you guys know, if you give me the chance to start talking I will never stop. So, though I am enjoying my time on this rig for the most part, I find it frustrating how much I am conversation blocked on a daily basis. However, I have decided that even if I am super busy or falling completely asleep, I will at least type a paragraph. However my goal tonight is to write something a bit longer and maybe even give you a legitimate update on life before I get off tower at 6 am tomorrow.

First off : My week off was both wonderful and busy. It was a quick trip into Kansas for a car pick-up and marriage counselling session (talking about Adam to anyone is pretty fun for me!!) with Pastor Tom, then driving with Adam down to Jenks, Oklahoma for my Schlumberger mandated driving class. The power point portion of the class was incredibly boring, however, the practical part (commentary driving and driving under extreme conditions) was pretty fun. I've never purposely 360'd in a car before so getting asked to do it was awesome! My favorite part of the week though, had to be getting to spend the time after class with Adam and my new friends from the school. The one adventure I didn't anticipate last week was having to get some major repairs done on my car due to a brake line seizing up right before we reached Jenks. However, it was really nice to have Adam there to share the adventure with. I am looking forward to having a million more adventures with him! I think life will be fun :)

Next: So the last part of my week ended with a 9-ish hour car drive that was aided unhelpfully by Google maps. However, having a phone with a GPS in it is sweet!! I was introduced to the app by my awesome fiance and I feel like I will be using it quite often in the future. AFter getting in and spending Sunday relaxing, I jetted off to the rig and sent Adam on his merry way back to Kansas.

The Present: Since then I have been back on the my rig and working away. It is much less stressful so far, just because I am more comfortable with the rig and how this particular job works. I am also feeling more confident in my ability not to completely fail at life this hitch. A fun link about my rig and the job we are on is below. It is so neat to be a part of something with such a large scale!!
ExxonMobil Oil Find

Well, I hope you are all having a wonderful day where you happen to be. And what do you know? It is 5:54 in the morning and I have a blog!

Love you all,

Becca

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A 360? How great was that?? Miss you.
Had lunch with Lydia, Marissa and Hannah today. Met Hannah's baby and saw Jon. Wish you could have been with us!

Hope all is well with you.

Kim

Tracy said...

um... today is the 30th. You need to blog more. Or call. Yeah, just call!