Saturday, July 9, 2011

Two more days...two more days....

The last four or five days I am on the rig become a mantra of counting down. If I worked in this field long enough, eventually Stockholm Syndrome would take over and I would become like the old timers out here. They frequently state that they have spent so much time on rigs that they feel more comfortable out here, than they do at home. They also have generally broken down families, so I can see why that would also be the case. However, I have not reached this stage, so when I have less than a week left on a rig, it becomes a chant that grows with excitement every time it is stated. Going home!! It is the best feeling to get on that helicopter and know that when it lands you have the freedom to do whatever you want, wherever you want. Eat at any restaurant, go shopping, jogging...heck, even doctors appointments aren't so bad :)

Not much has happened life-wise since I last posted. Most of my bridesmaids have ordered their dresses. I did a workout my brother advised and now my entire upper-arm/chest area is extremely sore. I started trying to eat healthier. Both easier and more difficult than I thought it would be. I watched Mamma Mia and hated it. Watched Indiana Jones and realized why I still love those movies!

I haven't started resume fixing yet. Everytime I am about to start, I get distracted, or realize I am just lazy. Hopefully I'll get more of that done either tomorrow night, or in town this week. Also goals while in town: go to dentist and eye doctor, start furnishing my apartment, and work out every day! Get internet installed in aformentioned apartment.Yeah, that one's a bit important as well. Anyway, we'll see how it goes :)

And now it is time for some fruit. I believe they still have strawberries in the galley, so here I go!

Love you guys,

Becca

No comments: