Sunday, January 15, 2012

Life is Changing!

So, in honor of a rapidly changing life, and to more aptly reflect what I am going to be writing about, I thought I'd change the name of my blog. I actually really enjoy writing down what is/has been happening in my life because it's neat to look back and see where I have been and how far I've come from and through different life events. And what crazy life events have been unfolding.

The only thing the same about my life from 6 months ago is that I am still working deep water in the Gulf of Mexico. Since last July I've gotten married to the most wonderful guy I've ever met, been to my second school for my job, started job searching, decided I am truly leaving this company that helped me get a start out of college, and began planning on moving back to Kansas and into a house in Kansas City! Adam got a job in KC for a consulting firm, and I have no problem uprooting to go home.

If I planned ahead and thought more about it I would have possibly spread out my life changes a little bit. However, I really can't complain very much. I got to have a fun wedding to an equally fun now-husband, surrounded by friends and family. Those same friends and family are excited to have me come home and are very supportive of my decision to uproot my location again. I am warming up to the idea of living in a house that is ours instead of having to share walls with loud, annoying people. 

Other things I am excited for in the future : cooking for myself (especially food that is not fried!), running outside on ground that is not moving (on a floating rig, the treadmill goes up and down too...), sleeping in the same bed every night, being able to promise my friends and family I will be at random events...and being there!, seeing all four seasons in all of their glory, flying less than twice a month, getting to know my neighbors and coworkers as I will be around and they will not constantly be switched out on me, fresh fruits and veggies, and...having a pet!! I miss cats and dogs. Quite a bit.

There are parts I am nervous about, such as; actually quitting my job, finding the right house, being able to find a job and if I am unable there, being able to get into grad school, having an accident while moving my stuff back from Louisiana, and, in general, being a failure at life. I am sure I can cross these different bridges without a huge amount of trouble, it's just that they are awfully intimidating looking bridges :)

Anyway, one more day is down out here and I am going to be asleep soon. I am happy to start typing things again, and excited to see the changes the next year of my life will bring.

Good night,

Becca

No comments: