Friday, February 3, 2012

A Change of Plans

So, I was supposed to be on the rig until next Tuesday. However, due to some prolonged day of activity other than drilling on the rig, it was recently suggested by a coworker that I leave early so I can see a doctor sooner rather than later. I brought this suggestion up to my cell manager and manager and they were both pretty positive about it, so, new onward with the new plan! I am now flying out tomorrow morning to and I am going to be picked up by the work-related injury people who are taking me to see whatever doctor they use. Honestly, I don't care where I go. I just want to get better. Fast. Or at least faster than I am now. This whole, "I feel horrible and am in pain" thing is mentally and emotionally wearing me down. I have a difficult time building up enthusiasm for anything. Adam says I alway sound sad, which is no good. I want to sound happy and enthusiastic about life! I want to be excited about the new adventures, not wondering how or if I will be able to physically handle them. I want to stop dreading waking up every morning because I don't know how much pain I will be every time.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow and a little scared at the same time. Excited to see what the doctor says is wrong, and what I can do to fix it. Scared the work-related injury people will be mean to me because I was injured at work. I will not have slept in about 17 or 18 hours by the time they pick me up, so they will have a tempestuous version of me to deal with! 

Wish me luck and hope it is a measely thing, fixed by rest and muscle relaxants.

More updates soon.

Becca

1 comment:

Tracy said...

If those people are mean to you, I'll kick their asses! It's all the company's fault that you're injured in the first place. GRRRR.
You have sounded sad lately, hopefully some rest and relaxation will help you. Plus every day you get closer to your last day there ;) Maybe that will be a comforting thought.