Monday, April 9, 2012

No Job - New Life - Happiness!

The past month and a half has been pretty intense. They got me off the rig and I spent about 4 weeks going to the doctor, chiropractors (way more helpful than the doctor), and pilates physical therapy. Then came the packing, getting sick (woot for dad being awesome and flying down), finally, the drive back to Kansas. The drive ended up being more epic than we originally intended due to a malfunctioning tow dolly, as well as a fuel pump that decided to go out in the middle of an avalanche of rain right outside of Tulsa.

Upside: We got home safely regardless of it all!
Downside: I am back in Kansas and with my family and friends relaxing, so there is no downside!

My back is still healing and I know it will probably take months before I am 100 percent, but I am going to continue to exercise and stretch until I am "me" again.

I don't get sick as often as I did before. We are attributing this to a complete drop in the stress of my life on a day-to-day basis, as well as more consistent and healthy meals. I am still relearning how to handle stress properly (I keep forgetting that millions of dollars are NOT going to be lost if I make a mistake), but I will get there. Adam is patient and helpful, which is wonderful.

Since I've gotten back, it has been pretty busy. First we went apartment hunting and found the apartment we wanted!! I am so happy as about this! It is in KC, about 10 minutes from my sisters and 10 minutes from Adam's work. I am going to be trying to find a job near there as well, once we move. We are supposed to move in right after Adam graduates in May. I am pretty excited about getting to live with my husband finally!

We also went down to Hutch and spent most the next weekend/week with Adam's family. I even got to stay a couple of extra days after he went back to college. It's nice to get to know his family at last. I know most people get to know their spouse and their spouse's family before marriage, but since we are going the opposite route, we are trying to remedy our lack of familiarity with each other's families as soon as possible.

Then, last week I ran a road race with some awesome friends and family and in immediately drove to Manhattan again in order to help take care of a relative who needed a companion for a week while his wife was away. It was stressful but fun, and really wonderful to see Adam every day and catch up with some old friends. I have super-missed Tracy and Ginger, so we got together, made Chinese food and stuffed ourselves!

I think the best part about being back is getting to catch up with people again. There is not a frantic-ness to getting things done, or spending time with people, because I will get to see them over and over again for the forseeable future. I've had some excellent talks with Sara, Amanda, Tracy, Ginger, Caitlin, Frank, and pretty much everyone else family-wise that I've missed connecting with. AND! Next weekend is my 25th birthday! It also happens to be one of my former bridesmaid's bachelorette parties! So, even though it will be pretty busy, I am excited for it.

That is all of my life. I am spending my time sleeping, exercising, enjoying people, and trying to finish old projects and tasks that I have put off for months and months at this point.

I am thoroughly happy :)

Becca

No comments: