Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Less Than a Fortnight

I've always loved oldish phrases and words. Some of my favorite happen to be :

Bee's Knees
Old Bird
Carry a Torch
Cat's Meow
Copacetic
Scram
Keen
and...Fortnight!

After looking forward to this for what feels like an eternity, I am finally getting to move in with my husband in 11 days! Of course, before then there are still a plethora of things to tick off my mental list. These include finishing getting electric, water, and renter's insurance set up. Getting Adam on my car insurance. Figuring out our phone plans. Getting to his graduation. Arranging everything for his graduation party (at least we have the invitations sent out!!!) and then the very next day, turning around and moving everything we own into our new apartment in Kansas City! The very thought just kind of makes me tired. I will probably be sleeping very well.

I have also started exercising regularly again. Ouch. So much ouch. I have to approach it differently now, because I am now contending with the semi-recovering lower back muscles I have to drink more water, stretch 3-times more, sleep in specific positions, and be careful how much I sit or don't move. I never realized before I hurt my back how my lower back muscle health effects my leg muscles and movement/general comfort ability. It will not be taken for granted in the future, I assure you.

We were going to train for a marathon in Chicago for this fall, but after much discussion, we might just do a half, since it will be Adam's first half. Maybe I will even get my sister to do another half with me! Between now and then I hope we will spend the summer running races and generally getting in shape. It looks to be a hot and tiring sort of business, but what else could anyone expect from Kansas in June and July?

Finally, there are some promising things on the job front, but I would prefer to wait until something actually happens before writing about it. Wish me luck!

Good night

Becca

No comments: