Friday, September 24, 2010

In which there is talk of a new computer and sugary donuts

Another week down in paradise, ladies and gents! Fun fact for the day: In New Zealand all the bathrooms say "Ladies" and "Gents." I do quite like that.

I also like the weather today (well.. it is the same every day, but still..); 85-90 degrees, sunny blue skies and an excellent breeze blowing through Labuan. It makes me think of when we first stopped getting recess in 7th grade. I always wanted to go outside and play so badly!! That is how I feel today. I want to go outside and catch a cab to my house. Then take another cab to the beach where I would run, play in the ocean, and lay in the marvelous (and intense) sun for the rest of the afternoon. Bring along some juices and a peanut butter sandwich or two...it sounds like a perfect afternoon :) However this is not to be. I work for 2.5 more hours, then I am outta here! I will ride the bus home and go for a longer run than normal. I might stop along the way to take some pictures of the scenery, cars, and flora.

I might head to a historical museum with my housemate, Syafyka, tomorrow. It is apparently about the history of Malaysia. Should be fun if we end up going. Quite a bit of the time we run out of motivation at the last minute and take naps or watch tv instead. It is always pretty warm outside.

My computer came in this week. It works very nicely and I love it! I do miss my toshiba quite a bit, but I will just have to come to terms with its loss at some point. If only I droppped things less. Thank goodness my ipod is made of tougher stuff than the laptop! Also I really enjoy having interne in my apt!! It make it easier to do things like cook and talk to people or study and talk to people at the same time! Also, I have never had so few bug bites since I've been in Labuan. So wonderful.

I found a bakery shop I like that doesn't make me sick! It is in the mall and they sell cute little cakes and pastries. They also sell these delicious (and extremely unhealthy) donut holes dipped in sugar. I want to learn how to make my own donut holes as I am told it is easy, however, I am afraid if I ever learned I would become an extremely large person in the span of two months. Bread and sugar are my second and 3rd favorite foods after ketchup.

I feel like I am searching for motivation to study right now. My mind is so relieved that I have passed my entrance exam and I am in school, that all it wants to do is blank out and relax. Hopefully after tomorrow I will be able to jump back into work with energy and enthusiasm. I am learning a lot right now anyway. I am working on self training modules, and have started spending time with the techs in the shop downstairs. I love doing hands on things and getting covered in dirt and grease! So much fun :)

Kara (the other American girl) comes tomorrow! I am so excited!! It will be nice to see her.

I miss you all.

Becca

3 comments:

Mom said...

You sounds so much better. I'm glad some things are finally go right for you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the visual image you imparted to me...running on the beach on a beautiful day, taking pictures of all the beauty...never thought I'd want to visit Malaysia, but it does sound inviting!

Thanks for adding to your blog...I check it every day...sometimes twice a day.

Love you,

G'ma J

Unknown said...

Sounds like yo are much better. I hope so. Donut holes-YUM!

We miss you too! See you soon, I hope.

Kim