Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Letters and Packages...

They got here!! I know we were kind of concerned as to whether they would get lost on the way, but at least 2 of the things mailed to me have arrived! Mom's letter arrived on Monday (Promise I'll send stuff back mom!), and Amanda/Adam's package arrived today! The front desk lady keeps commented twice that it is the happiest she has ever seen me.  This is probably a true statement. KETCHUP! A large bottle of ketchup. Next time I go to KFC I am totally carrying in my bottle of ketchup too. They already stare at me. This would change nothing about my life :). Also, I made one of my friends at the office try a nutter butter. Bwahahaha. I'm not sure if she liked it, but she ate it politely. I am eating the rest!!!!!!!!!! Also...the t-shirt is awesome! I am currently wearing it. Siti (our admin) laughed  at me when I disappeared into the bathroom and came back out. It fits wonderfully, is legitimate KSU purple, and is funny. GO WILDCATS!!

I am so excited about all of it!! I am saving both mom's letter and Manda's note. For the record, Manda, your note made me teary. I knew I should've waited until I got home this evening...

My life feels very complete today. It is so nice to have just a little piece of Home here. Whether it is oreos in a little package, unpirated DVDs, real ketchup, or a book that someone else loved...the feeling is hard to describe, but it is awesome.

So yes, I am listening to some amazing music right now (Adam...just saying..most motivating music ever. Also distracting as I am now dancing in my seat at work), studying for my entrance exam and am so excited to get home and make some ramen for dinner tonight (no, i never thought I'd type that).

Anyway, other news: I have less than 5 weeks until I will be on US soil again. I will not kiss the ground, however, I want Mexican food!!! Bring on extra-cheesy enchiladas.

I think I am taking my entrance exam next Monday.

I am going running alongside a road this evening. Bring it on crazy Malaysian drivers!

Tomorrow is my friend Megan Bounds' birthday. She will be 24 (from Alaska!) and she is currently working for slb in Equatorial Guinea. She appreciated getting to live vicariously through my package recieving today. I promised her a drink when we get to Houston next month. :)

I almost got a BlackBerry today. As they barely have a 3G network here, and wifi is...not as existent as it is in 1st world countries, we are not sure if I will be able to skype call from it, but I will try. Plus, I've always wanted a blackberry. Hooray for spending money! I am now going to get it Friday instead I think. I have to pay in cash, as that is the trend on this island. It's probably safer with regards to credit card fraud, I guess. Thank you Labuan.

We had a massive rainstorm this morning. It was marvelous.

I love and miss all of you.

Becca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they finally showed up! I'm sorry the letter made you cry though... it wasn't suppose to!

Manda