Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Lazy Sunday

So, I destroyed some pancakes today. Don't get me wrong, the batter itself is ok (it's from a box..hard to mess up), but apparently I lack the ability to cook a pancake without burning it. Maybe they'll have a class on that next semester. Until then, I might stay away from the pancakes. Or just make James cook them for me. Apparently eh is actually good that that. Plus he makes good biscuits. What is this?!?! He gets to be tall AND good at creating baked good creations? Jealousy. Right here in Louisiana.

Besides destroying those beautiful pancakes, I have done very little recently. I have been learning more and more every day for about 8 hours. For two nights last week I shadowed the OSC and Remote Ops people. OSC stands for Operation Support Center and it assists rigs while they are drilling. Remote Ops is actually a station where an engineer monitors the tools we are using on the rigs from a long way away (several states, in the Gulf Coast, etc). That's about it for the week.

In my free time I usually work out (I can finally jog again), hang by the pool, watch tv. Maybe I'll have more to chit chat about later.

Have a good week, ya'll.

3 comments:

G'ma J said...

Hey Becca...

Just want to make sure you're leaving those crocodiles alone...they're very quiet and will sneak up on you while you're taking the fish off your line...and they're fast!

Glad to read about your adventures.
Have a great time!

Love you,

G'ma J

Anonymous said...

When you get home to Mayetta, Chuck makes really good pancakes. I am sure he can give you lessons. We have been very busy so far this summer. Have had the younger two grandkids stay for 8 days and eight nights each. They seem to enjoy the alone time with Grandpa while I am at work. Hope to see you soon. I will take comfort in the thought that although it was 100 degrees here yesterday, I am sure that Louisiana is much hotter. Luv Ya, Mary

Becca said...

Haha.
To Grandma : Promise. No alligators. :)

To Mary : I might take you up on the pancake thing! And it is incredibly hot in LA right now, you are correct. Glad it makes your life a bit happier.