Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Quick One

So I had a bit of a thought this evening while watching "Animal Horror Stories." There was a story of a crocodile that death rolled a woman three times (she lived amazingly enough). Don't ask me why I was watching something about crocodile attacks when I am living in a place teeming with alligators. They never actually said common sense and engineering were mutually exclusive, I suppose. However, maybe it's sort of like a preventative measure. You know, watching a show about birthing in order to make you never want to have children? I watch shows about reptile attacks in order to be perpetually afraid of things that can bite my ankles off. :)

Anyway, this crocodile death rolled this woman right? And a death roll is used in order to disorient and drown its prey (basically, though there are other applications that I am sure no one really wants to read about). After being rolled at a decent pace underwater in the helicopter, I can understand how effective this could possibly be. And not being able to doing anything because the croc is so fast?! Wow. Thats all.

Just a thought. Goodnight!

No comments: