Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Louisiana, Food, and Readjustment

Ok! I am finally writing. Everytime I start writing I get distracted or I fall asleep. This is due to (a) the amount of stuff I have to get done/prepare to do and (b) trying to get over some severe jet lag. However, I am sleeping all the way through the night and I can handle all the random things that I have to do, so life is pretty good.

My plane flights back were a little hectic due to baggage issues, and a little crazy until I hit the longest flight which was from Singapore to Houston with an hour layover in Moscow (to refuel and such). I've never had a 22 hour flight before, but I've gotta say that beside the butt-numbing-ness of it, the flight was actually pretty peaceful. I got a little bit of sleep, and had a seat between the other person that was sitting near me, so I counted myself as pretty lucky. And I was so excited to cross into the United States again! I didn't even mind waiting in the Houston airport in the security lines. They actually went quite fast. I didn't remember how fast American airport lines tend to move. However my opinion may have been affected by my happiness.

I have very much enjoyed being back in the US thus far. I love being able to watch tv, go running in my gym at my apartment complex, and have so many choices when I go to the store! My favorite purchase so far has definitely been Honey Bunches of Oats! I could just eat that and be completely happy with my life, however, I know variety is probably needed, so I try to branch out. I also had my first legitimate barbeque in quite a long time, as of...yesterday! It was absolutely delicious and I am glad I live in such a bbq-y place.

The people here are just like I remember them. Friendly, and full of nicknames. Gotta say, my favorite nickname thus far is "Boo", affectionately labeled by the main receptionist in my building. 

I can't wait to come back up and say hi to all of you! I really do miss you guys and knowing you are so close is so exciting!! Hopefully it will be soon, but if not, just remember that I am thinking of you :)

I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Love,

Becca

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you...thank you for writing. We're all looking forward to the time you'll be able to come home too...but in the mean time, eat lotsa Honey Bunches of Oats and BBQ. = )

Love you, G'ma J

helen said...

It's so nice to know that when you made your post at 8:37 PM, it was 8:37 PM where I am too! Here's to being in the same time zone!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Becca Boo-just like your name tag at Leasure-of course we took it from the secretary!!!! Honey Bunches of Oat and BBQ-who could ask for more? Glad you're happy to be home-see you soon I hope!

Kim