Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The sun came out tomorrow :)

First: Sorry about the English in that title, mum. I know it probably stabs a little bit, however in my defense many famous authors do it and they get paid millions!!

Anyway, feeling a little bit more positive today. The stomach and headache are pretty much gone. I was able to eat lunch and not feel super upset-ty either! Of course my boots were stolen while I wasn't in the office yesterday evening, but then, apparently that is just Malaysia and they will be getting me more shoes this week. I was initially told that, "sometimes when engineers are in a hurry they just grab a pair and put them back later." Then, when I pointed out that mine weren't returned yet, the person I was talking to was able to pull from their memory that boot theft has been a bit rampant lately and he forgot to warn me about that when I initially arrived. I love this country. Every day makes me appreciate where I am from just a little bit more. :)

Also good thing: I had McDonalds again today!!! I got a double cheeseburger, fries, and chocolate milk!!! It was delicious. Funny thing is, since my portions have been...smaller lately, I am not able to eat as much. So even though I totally plowed with determination through the cheeseburger and 3/4 of the fries, I was definitely full halfway through the cheeseburger. It's ok. I have some chicken nuggets I bought for dinner tomorrow in the fridge. The deliciousness will go on!!

Annndddddd....(drum roll)....I found out when my Engg 1 school is! Engg 1 is a basic school D&Mers go to and it is in 3 locations; Houston, Abu Dhabi, or some place in Russia. I get to go back to Houston!!! I never thought I'd be excited to spend 2 months in Texas in my life, but there it is folks! Two words: Taco Bell. Three more words: Adam and Family! Though I won't be able to visit during school, probably. I am going to try and ask for vacation (I get 4 accumulating days a month) directly after that, so cross your fingers for me!!

Anyway, I am hoping that your today is as interesting and fun as mine was. Have a lovely (and hopefully not overly warm) day in Kansas, or whereever you are.

Love you,

Becca

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Houston! Houston is only 3 hours away!

Anonymous said...

...or 11 hours and 6 minutes, depending where you're starting from. = ) When will you be going?

Love you, G'ma J