Thursday, November 11, 2010

I love lunchtime!

Though I rarely truly enjoy lunch here, I always like the hour and a half break we get for lunch. It has so many possibilities! I could work out, sleep, read a book, study, play on facebook, or just listen to music for an hour and completely relax. I also like lunch because at that point of the day, the maid has been through my room and straightened it, making my bed in the process. I love messing up and burrowing into a freshly made bed!! I think it is one of the awesome joys in life. Other joys include:

1) Crunching golden red leaves.
2) Finding an awesome song that you can listen to 20 times in a row and you are still smiling after you hear it for the last time.
3) Taking out contacts after a long day of focussing.
4) Laying down in bed after a busy day and feeling every single bone in your body sink into the mattress until you feel like it would be impossible to move even if you really felt like trying.
5) Cutting into a beautiful cake.
6) Feeling the warm sun eveloping me and creeping through my layers of clothing after I spend the morning in air conditioning.
7) Singing praise songs quietly to myself as I walk at night from the studying building and the accomodation.
8) The excitement of walking through the gates after picking up your luggage in the airport (so many adventures await!)
9) The potential of a clean room.
10) Hearing the smile in another persons voice when you talk to them over the phone.
11) Pushing past all the physical limits I think I have during an intense workout, and realizing I have so much more potential than I give myself credit for.
12) Pass a test, whether it is written, verbal, physical, emotional, or mental. 

Anyway, I could go on and on, but there are just too many things that make me happy. But yes, back on topic...So I am typing to you during lunch. I have about 20 minutes left, which is about how long it will take for the video I am trying to download on youtube to download. I am crossing my fingers for the video because it looks like it will be a photo finish! We finished SlimPulse (one of our tools) test this morning, which I do believe I passed, and have immediately moved on to PowerPulse and Telescope (similar to SlimPulse but different specifications and larger). I actually really enjoyed the SlimPulse section because it was very hands on and we actually got to put together one of our tools from start to finish which is not normal. Most of our tools and their components weigh in the upper hundreds of pounds when put together, so we mostly do proramming for them. SlimPulse is relatively light though, so we get to do maintenance, collar loading, programming, and troubleshooting, and this is kinda nice. Now all I have is two days of weekend, then one day of school on Sunday, then....6 DAYS OFF!

Basically there is a muslim holiday we get 4 days off for, and then of course we have the weekend again. I am actually not sure how I really feel about this, because Abu Dhabi is not like any big city in America. It is not conviently located and for such a large city there is relatively little to do. So I think I will mostly sleep and work out, maybe get a scuba diving license (that is, if the licensing place is open). Maybe eat some meals that don't taste like MLC food. I would leave the country and visit a surrounding country briefly, but I have a single entry student visa, so if I leave they won't let me back in. Sad day...

And of course, my countdown officially begins : less than 9 days until I get to see Adam!!!!

Hope you all have an amazing Thursday. Happy Veteran's Day!!

Love,

Becca

No comments: