Sunday, November 28, 2010

Part 3 : The boyfriend (for real!)

Hello all!

I just had a wonderful week. Definitely my favorite in Abu Dhabi thus far. Not sure it can be topped actually. After my very excellent scuba diving adventures last week, I rushed back MLC, tried to get as un-salted as possible after spending 6 hours in the water, checked out the hotel Adam would be staying in (it was SWEET!) and then went to wait for him at the airport. I actually only waited for about 25 minutes and I kept on getting dirty looks from all the other limousine drivers because they thought the papers I was studying from might be a name sign (very few women drive taxis here) or something. Then he came through the entrance gates and it was incredible and surreal and even slightly odd to see him. Even though the plane tickets were bought and everything was arranged, some part of me didn't really believe I would get to see him here, of all places. And it was also odd because since it's the UAE, there is no show of physical affection in public, so no hand holding, kissing, hugging...yeah. Definitely had to keep reminding myself of that.

One thing I couldn't get over this week was how tall he is. After having seen him only on skype for 4 months, he looked really tall in person! But of course (and in an attempt to keep the mush to a minimum) he is the same sweet, wonderful, funny guy that I left in Kansas just a little while ago. And we had so much fun this week!!

People in Abu Dhabi like good food, so we ate so much all week! As Middle Eastern meals are a bit rough to stomach we tried to keep those sorts of meals to a minimum but we definitely had a little bit of them. When I was at work during the day, Adam relaxed, studied, and played around the pool. Apparently since it is winter here, the water is a little bit chilly (something I didn't think about before he came). I got to watch my first movie in theaters in 4 months (HARRY POTTER!!) with him, we went out with my coworkers, and had a crazy desert safari adventure.

For the record, I can now say that I've been in a car going over 100 miles and hour while the driver is talking on the phone. Also, I've ridden a camel. :)

I will try to post pictures of all of the above on my facebook because I am sure you would like to see them (plus, it is easier to explain things in pictures rather than words).

But yes, it was an incredible week but now I am tired and can only wait eagerly until I get to see you all (and him!) in a little over 3 weeks.

I love you guys.

Becca

No comments: