Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ok, so this might be brief

I was planning on writing a lot more today (and/or yesterday) but I have been quite tired, and my stomach is doing some funny business, so I am just not sure what is going on.

The end of my week/weekend has been fast and full of doing things. Thursday night I went out with my classmates and teacher to a hotel called Emirates Palace. It was an absolutely incredible building; gold walls and ceilings, massive pillars, middle eastern architecture, marble, winding staircases, and even a gold vending machine (seriously, you put in your credit card and choose which brick of gold you want to come out...). We had to go through security in order to go in and they put all your belongings through an x-ray machine. The food was also good, but we were definitely paying for the atmosphere.

Later on they decided that between a free Sean Paul concert on the beach and a club, they wanted to go to a club, so I tentatively walked into my first middle east club experience. It was actually really fun because all of the girls I went with (after we realized we all dance funny) just had fun and danced for 3 hours to random music from all over the world. I knew some (Sweet Child of Mine!!), they knew some, and in the end we had a really excellent time out together. Before we knew it, the time hit three o'clock in the morning and I was definitely ready for sleep.

Friday and Saturdy were filled alternatively with studying and sleeping as well. Due to our vacation next week, some school related events have been moved up, so I had to prepare for them, as well as start taking the online lessons for my scuba diving license I am going to get next week (if I start feeling better). I am going to take the course with Marie (Norway), Sandy (nickname..guy from NYC), and Poonam (class instructor, India). and it should be a lot of fun! I also accompanied another American girl, Karen to Abu Dhabi yesterday so she could go shopping for outfits for her trip to Dubai next week. It was actually really fun and the mall was more crowded than usual because they were having discount sales before the start of whatever Muslim holiday is starting on Monday. It's not just America that takes advantage of holidays like that! :)

So yes, definitely tired and ready for bed now. Crossing my fingers my stomach settles down before tomorrow, because doing practicals all day (aka...moving around, lifting, carrying, measuring) is not quite so fun when you aren't feeling so hot.

Love you guys!

Becca

No comments: