Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Final Projects, Airports, and ALMOST DONE!!!

Briefly, I would like to state how EXCITED!!!! I am to be coming home in 2 and a half days!! I cannot wait for cold, snow, family, edible food, WALMART!, boyfriend, good food, clothing stores that sell things in American sizes., pork products, and pasteurized milk. If I was going to be there long enough, I would also say that I am looking forward to Netflix. :)

There are a couple things in my way, however. First off, I have a final presentation over my class and the major job we just did after lunch tomorrow. My group's plan is to stay up all night (and part of the morning) finishing it, then rocking out the presentation and going to sleep :)

After that all we have is a group dinner, round table about how school went, and packing.

I plan to be packed by Wednesday night before I go to bed. "Why?" you ask, as you know I don't flight out until early Friday  morning (well, if you didn't know before, you do now). This is because of the flight situation in Europe.

Did you know that most of the major European airports have been closed this week for a couple days? Yes. This is true. Which means that if the airports don't get on the ball, my flight could either be cancelled, or I could be delayed by a day which is something I do NOT want to happen. Pretty much at the bottom of my list of "fun" things to do with my Christmas Eve/Christmas. Though it does seem like the weather is getting better and the flights are kind of opening up now, I am still extremely nervous about my flight hitting Chicago on time, if at all.

So now I am obsessively checking the weather and potential flights I could tranfer to in case this situation occurs.

Oh! Yeah. I'll post all my flights on here as of Thursday, when I know for sure I am going. I will try to be patient until then.

Fun fact : A Mexican engineer's flight has been delayed for 3 days at this point, and he has spent all 3 days in the airport in Abu Dhabi because he "refuses to go back to that hell-hole of a prison and eat that food again." I thought this was kinda funny, but at the same time, I feel I would make the same choice if it came down to it.

Anyway, time to go back to class and prepare more stuff for the final presentation. I love you all!!

Stay warm,

Becca

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

OOPS!!! That last comment was from me-Kim

Tracy said...

I miss you and congratulations on finishing the presentation (I saw it on your facebook status.) I wish I was back in Kansas to see you though. That would rock! Please eat well when you're back home and take as much with you as you can! How long are you home for? Have a Happy Holidays.
Lots of love!