Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bored in KLIA Post :)

So, it came to my attention today that I don't know a lot of basic Malay words. So I looked some up and decided to share them with you.

Family Terms!!!

Mother = Ibu
Father = Ayah
Sister = Saudara Perempuan
Brother = Saudara
Aunt = Bibi
Uncle = Paman
Niece = Keponakan
Grandma = Nenek
Grandpa = Kakek
 
 I am a Bibi!!! And I have a keponakan.
 
And because I there is a lot of English overlap within the Malay language : I give you the months of the year.
 
January = Januari
February = Februari
March = Mac
April = April
May = Mei
June = Jun
July = Julai
August = Ogos
September = September
October = Oktober
November = November
December = Disember
 
And all of the above are pronounced phonetically, so they will be easy for you guys to learn (cause I know it is a top 10 on your list of things to learn today!).
 
And now onto other things!
 
Becca
 

1 comment:

helen said...

I love it!! Bibi Becca. Although Raegan might get it confused with baby... :) Love you sister! Have fun!