Friday, March 18, 2011

Pre-Vacation Post

Here we go, folks, as of 7:30 am tomorrow morning, I will start my next travels. This time they are from Labuan to Barcelona, by way of Kuala Lumpur and Singpore! And since Singapore is yet another country I've never been to, I get to add that to a list! I will try to remember to take pictures from the airport windows :) I am about to start packing right now, but I am currently waiting on a batch of cookies to finish cooking. It seems like I might've needed to add a bit more flour than I originally did. We'll see if I can fix it. If not, well, I'll just have to deal with it.

I gave my work computer to my boss today before I left the office. We are encouraged to do this (or put it in the company safe) as SLB computers have a way of disappearing while employees go on vacation, whether they take them with them, or leave them in the house. Plus, it is so heavy! I definitely don't want to lug that to someplace that is supposed to be enjoyable.

Update : 3/19/2011
I started packing then fell asleep, so I epically failed at finishing the post. Currently I have made it through my first flight and am now in KLIA waiting on some Roti Canai (sp?) and Chicken Curry. And, in honor of Amanda....Ice Blended Mocha! I will take a picture of the gloriousness of it all. Then I am going to go to a spa in the airport and get a manicure because they are awesomely affordable in this part of the world (get on the ball, America!). Now if only I could get my skype to start working....

There we go. Working.  I think after the manicure I will spend the next 6 hours watching tv shows and movies on my computer, possibly buying a book from a shop, and working on word searches. I considered going out into KL, but it takes an hour to get into and out of the city on the train. I also am not familiar with KL at all, so I feel uncomfortable running around there by myself. Especially with a huge bookbag and my purse. Snatch theft on foot and on motor bike is very common in this city and I would rather not have that experience to my the beginning of my vacation not-so-fun.

I just callled Adam and he is all packed too! He is also bringing me yarn (thanks Aly!). I was going to bring him homemade m&m cookies, but due to my not accounting for the humidity in my part of the world they turned out kind of..flat. And not very pretty. I refuse to give people sub-par cookies, so, no cookies for the boyfriend.

Now for plane flight schedule :

Malaysia to Kuala Lumpur. 7:45am-10:05 am, MH 2633
KUL to Singapore, 8:30 pm-9:25 pm, SQ 0119 (Singapore Airlines)
Singapore to Milan Malpensa, Italy, 11:45 pm to 6 am, SQ 0378....Some kind of stopover (I think to refuel)
Milan Malpensa, Italy to Barcelona, 7 am-8:45 am, SQ 0378 ................WOOOOOHOOOO!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Love you

Becca

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Look at you with your country jumping and leading my kinda life! I'm so jealous. I hope you have tons of fun.