Sunday, March 13, 2011

My experiment in picture posting

In order to combat my unreasonable fear of mixing pictures with words, I have decided to post a picture heavy blogpost. It will range around a favorite topic of mine...FOOD! So let us begin. I have run into many interesting food things here, and they can be categorized in 3 ways : Food I Love, Food I've Made, and Food I Will Never Eat. Let's start with the former!

Food I Will Never Eat :
There are actually many things in this category. However I feel this can of flower-flavored drink best personifies the entire business.  Flowers should stay as flowers, and should not become drinks. I believe that everything has a place in life and it should not cross it's boundary unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances. So, flowers should not cross the line towards the food category, and chunks of meat shouldn't be worn as clothing (Yes, Lady Gaga, I am talking to you).

Fish O's at KFC. I shake my head in sadness at this business. With chicken, this sort of thing is acceptable. Fish is like that sad little sibling that tries to copy everything their older sibling is doing. And they are failling miserably at it. Yes, I judge you o acceptance yearning Fish O's...



Food's I Love!
These are so good! Way back when Hari Raya (Muslim holiday) was going on, there were cookies and treats galore hanging around the office. They were all shaped like pineapples and hearts and stuff. However my absolute favorite were these strawberry ones. I have been searching for the recipe for them for thee past 5 months and have yet to find it, but when I do....



This should be under it's own category of "Favorite Malaysian Meal". This is Kway Teoh Goreng (Kway Teoh are the noodles, Goreng is "fried") with chicken and prawns. My favorite version of it in town comes from the Food Park in the mall. With it is Teh O Ice(sp?) (Tea with sugar and ice in it). I would recommend it to anyone who ever came to Malaysia. Make sure to ask them to leave out the fish cake (yeah...you again, o pathetic weird fish...).

Food I've Made
I am especially proud of this meal because I had been craving chicken soup for so long! I got the recipe from Helen and then crossed my fingers and it turned out so well! The biscuits are simple drop biscuits that actually cook pretty evenly in my oven. Since then I've made cheese and garlic biscuits as well. Plus a lot of cookies (which, sadly, I keep forgetting to take pictures of!

I am really happy about these wontons because not only did they tast awesome, but they were made from scratch! Ma Jing (my housemate)'s mom was here a day after she went to the rig, so she made me dinner when I got home. I asked if I could help and she showed me how to make them! I can't wait to get to do this again (aka, have the guts to try it without parental supervision!).


 Finally, this is not a food, but I am very excited about it! A square of my first blanket I've made since last spring. I have missed crocheting so much, and I am sooo happy about the yarn showing up. Here it is, a KSU themed blanket, btw, which you can hopefully tell from the square.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday, and I love you all!

Becca

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're giving me the courage to try to add pictures to my blog...maybe that will get me back to writing more on my blog...after all, I do have one follower! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh...forgot to sign my "comment".

Love you, G'ma J

helen said...

Great post sister! Loved the pictures, please do more in the future!