Wednesday, March 16, 2011

More Evacuations

I decided this afternoon that if I didn't realize how connected the world was before, I certainly have a better idea of it now. It seems like every major world event directly effects who I work for. Today my company is pulling out all the expats from both Japan and Bahrain, as well as encouraging the home country employees to not go to work. I believe in Japan they even closed all the offices, and in Bahrain they suspended all drilling operations (due to unrest and martial law being imposed). This comes after over two months of continual updates about unrest situations all around the world and the evacuation of employees from at least four or five other countries. Is the world just going crazy, or has this been happening continually for my whole life? Maybe I just lived in a lovely "me" bubble for that time period (which is probably the case), or maybe it has always been a little like this.

Whatever it is, it is definitely interesting.

On a happier sidenote, even though the business in Japan is so sad, I am glad that they found that little 4 month old baby girl still alive!! The fireman's smile while he is holding her is absolutely heartening.

I'll write more tomorrow. Love you all.

Becca

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree the world has gone crazy. It's not you and a little bubble. Have a lovely spring break. love you. Grdma D